Country Facts & Others
Cambodia Summary Facilities
|Official name||Kingdom of Cambodia|
|Motto||Nation Religion King|
|Capital city||Phnom Penh|
|Religion||95% Theravada Buddhism|
|Languages||Khmer, English and French.|
|Ethnic groups||Khmers, Cham (Khmer Islam), Vietnamese, Chinese, Hill-tribes|
|International airports||Phnom Penh and Siem Reap|
|Driver||Right-hand ( France style)|
|Land area||181,035 km 2|
|Location||108-110 North wide, and 114 East wide|
|Dimonsion||440 km. North to South, and 560 km. East to West|
HOW TO GET CAMBODIA VISA?
All nationalities need to apply for a travel visa for trip to Cambodia, except for nationals from the following countries such as: Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, Seychelles, Thailand and Vietnam.
Which countries do not require a visa for Cambodia?
Citizens of Brunei, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Seychelles, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam can enter Cambodia for short visits (14-30 days) without obtaining a visa in advance.
Exemption of Visa (Short-Term Stay)
As of 2023, nationals from the following 11 countries, traveling to Cambodia for tourism purposes, are granted visa-free entry for a period of either 14 days or 30 days, respectively.
Brunei (14 days)
Myanmar (14 days)
Thailand (14 days)
Seychelles (15 days)
Indonesia (30 days)
Laos (30 days)
Malaysia (30 days)
Singapore (30 days)
Vietnam (30 days)
Maldives (30 days)
Philippines (30 days)
A visa on arrival, valid for a thirty-day stay, is specifically granted at Phnom Penh International Airport, Siem Reap International Airport, and International Border Checkpoints. Visas are also granted at Royal Cambodian Embassy or Consulate abroad. The visa fee for a tourist is US$30, and the visa fee for a businessman is US$35. Visas can be extended at the Immigration Department in Phnom Penh City. A free visa (K) is expressly granted to the Cambodian living overseas.
The Royal Government of Cambodia has recently approved e-visas. All you have to do is complete the online application form available at the official website www.evisa.mfaic.gov.kh , pay by credit card online, and include uploading a recent passport-size photo in JPEG/ PNG format. The visa will be approved within three business days, allowing you to breeze by that lengthy line and get a jump-start on your holiday.
The e-visa, valid for a thirty-day stay, is available only for a typical tourist visa for a single entry. It is currently not available for nationals from Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Arab Saudi, Algeria, Sudan, and Sri Lanka. For a business visa, please apply at your nearest embassy or on arrival at all major check points.
Tourists getting such a visa online can enter and exit Cambodia through Siem Reap Angkor International Airport, Phnom Penh International Airport, Ba Vet International Border Checkpoint in Svay Rieng Province, Cham Yeam International Border Checkpoint in Koh Kong, and Poi Pet International Border Checkpoint in Banteay Meanchey Province.
Siem Reap Angkor International Airport is the Cambodia’s Newest & Largest Airport in Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Getting to and from Siem Reap Airport
The total distance between Siem Reap town and the airport remains at approximately 50 km with an estimated travel time of 1 hour and 15 minutes. Anticipate further reductions in travel times in the coming years, thanks to improved road connections and a light-rail line project currently under a feasibility study by the Cambodian government.
Official Transportation Options & Prices
Travelers have 03 official transport options available to get to and from Siem Reap Airport:
1. Private car (up to 7 persons): 35$ per vehicle
2. Mini-Van (8 to 15 persons): 40$ per vehicle
3. Shuttle bus service: $8 a person for a single trip or $15 for a return ticket
Airlines and Destinations
The following 10 airline companies operate at Siem Reap Angkor International Airport:
• AirAsia: International flights to / from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia;
• AirAsia Thailand: International flights to / from Bangkok–Don Mueang Airport, Thailand;
• Bangkok Airways: International flights to / from Bangkok–Suvarnabhumi Airport, Thailand;
• Cambodia Angkor Air:
– International flights to / from Da Nang, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam;
– Domestic flights to / from Phnom Penh and Sihanouk Ville;
• China Eastern Airlines: International flights to / from Kunming and Shanghai–Pudong Airport in China
• Lao Airlines: International flights to / from Pakse, Laos;
• Singapore Airlines: International flights to / from Singapore;
• Sky Angkor Airlines: International flights to / from Seoul – Incheon Airport, South Korea;
• Thai Smile: International flights to / from Bangkok–Suvarnabhumi Airport, Thailand;
• Vietnam Airlines:
– International flights to / from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam
– International flights to Luang Prabang in Laos;